Tuesday 15 May 2007

Introductions, Eurovision and Finland

Moi moi, bonjour, gutentag, hola, yo, hey and all those other cool ways to say hello.

I've just started this new blog in the hopes to say some profound things, or maybe just to ramble somewhere other than the emo-infested livejournal.

So...about me?
I'm Rachael, though call me Rachie. At the moment I'm 19 years old and reside in the fantabulous city of Edinburgh in sunny Scotland.
I'm at Napier University studying Journalism, which is a lot less fun than one would think. I'm only doing this course because I didn't want to go to England to do creative writing and pay for my tuition fees. I'm Scottish, I don't do paying tuition fees! So for now, I'll just keep on working hard to make sure I pass while I get to writing my award winning, multi-million selling bestseller novel.
I'm going to list some words I think describe me. If you know me already, comment with other words you think describe me, or contest the ones I have here.

Loud
Energetic (when awake)
Lazy
Hungry
Shy
Vain
Loyal
Friendly
Angry
Violent
Funny
Artistic
Fanatical
Obsessive
Greedy
Self-loathing
Fangirl
Crazy
Sarcastic
Bitchy
Pink
Bookworm
Creative
Modified
Geek
Listener
Quiet
Scared
Believer

Yes I understand a lot of these words contradict each other, but that's just me.
I'm going to briefly talk about Eurovision now, because it's been on my mind for a few days. It really bugs me how its so political nowadays. Sure Serbia (the winning country) were good, but there were much better entries in my opinion. As Terry Wogan put it, it's an Eastern block. All the Eastern European countries are voting for each other to make sure all stays well. At this rate, its going to turn into an Eastern Europe competition, not a whole Europe thing.

I am in no way feeling bitter because the UK didn't win. I knew there was no chance in hell we could win. Scooch are a new low for the UK. I think we just send deliberately bad entries to add a bit of humour to the competition. I'm also disappointed by the Finnish entry. She wasn't as good as I'd heard. I was following the Finnish competition for their entry as one of my favourite bands, Lovex, were up for it. Alas, they didn't get it. I think Finland would have done a lot better if Lovex were representing. They had a much better song also.

I should quickly tell you all that I have an obsession with the country Finland. I have been in love with it for a few years, after I became a fan of the band, The Rasmus. I couldn't quite pinpoint what it is about Finland that I love so much - I just love it. I was there for two weeks at the end of summer 2006 and it was fantastic. I cannot wait to go back. I want to move there for a period of my life also. But I should probably learn the language better before I do. My Finnish is not the best in the world.

The Rasmus is one of my all time obsessions these days, but I shall not bore you with my gushing just now. I leave you all after this brief first entry. Feel free to comment as you wish.
Rachie

1 comment:

marilyn's_shampoo said...

"Bitchy
Pink
Bookworm"

:) can i have these three too?

the eurovison voting was a joke wasn't it? it seems to be getting worse every year. we were one of the only countries that actualy voted for songs rather than neighbours...